I’ve made this recipe several times; it’s quick, easy and delicious! I’ve adapted this Southern Living recipe to include carrots and use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time. This recipe serves a lot so, invite your family or friends over and treat them to a new twist on a classic comfort dish!
What’s your favorite comfort food? If you have the recipe, please share.
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 (0.7-oz.) envelope Italian dressing mix (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded carrots
1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in peas and carrots, and cook 2 minutes. Spoon chicken mixture over hot split biscuits.