It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a recipe, and in honor of my friend Daidra, who is leaving my company to start a new job I thought I’d post her Chicken Salad.
I’m a planner and need to have my lunches scheduled out for the week, otherwise I end up eating out, which isn’t good for my wallet or waste line. What I love about this recipe is that it’s very simply to make and makes enough to last throughout the week.
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 2-3 celery stalks; chopped finely
- Red grapes; halved
- Salt & Pepper
- Pull and chop rotisserie chicken and place into a large mixing bowl
- Finely chop celery stalks, cut grapes in half and place in with the chicken
- Add mayo (any amount you like, I think I did 2 tablespoons to start) and salt and pepper to taste
- Serve on crackers or pita bread
I’m always looking for something new to add to my mid-day meal routine. Do you have a recipe that you like to make for lunches?
I stand tall at 5’11 and during the award season, I enjoy watching the tall celebrities to see what they rock on the red carpet. If only in my every day life I could have a personal stylist and tailor to fit all of clothes just perfectly for my long arms and 36″ of leg. I do love that these women don’t shy away from the heels, even if they rise above their leading men (Stacy Keibler & George Clooney and Nicole Kidman & Tom Cruise).
Last night at the 84th Annual Academy Awards I think that several of the tall ladies looked amazing; here are a few that stood out for me.
Standing tall at 5’11”, actress Missi Pyle looked stunning
in this eco-friendly gown. Read more about it here.
At 5’9″, Gwyneth Paltrow looked
lovely in white at the Vanity Fair after party.
Mandy Moore, a lovely 5’10” looked incredible
in this nude, sequined dress with sheer sleeves.
George Clooney’s gal, Stacy Keibler is 5’11.
She looked like a golden Oscar statue
last night in this gorgeous dress.
Did you have a favorite from the Oscars last night?
TGIF! We’ve had incredible weather this week so my High Five for Fridays are all about my faves from this week as a result of the great weather. As usual, I’m linking up with Lauren from From My Grey Desk for High Five For Fridays to share with you my top lovelies from this week.
1. Spring! – I told ya’ it was all about the weather so let’s get started. We’ve had an unseasonably warm winter here in Northern VA, but this week we’ve had several days of spring like weather. Today it’s going to be close to 70 degrees! Keep it comin’ old man winter.
2. Doukenie Winery – So my business partner, Sharon and I went out to Doukenie Winery for a site visit on one of these glorious days and it’s just so lovely out there. Check out their space and view some lovely pics. If you live in or around the Northern VA area, you’ve simply got to get out to Doukenie, they have incredible wines.
3. Sweet Frog – So we’ve got this really yummy froyo spot called Sweet Frog in the area. It’s a self-serve frozen yogurt shop with an amazing assortment of toppings. One night this week my BF&N (Best Friend & Neighbor), Wendy and I took her kiddos for a special treat. I should have taken pics, but I was all consumed by the deliciousness in my cup that was original tart and chocolate froyo, strawberries, M&M’s and Reeses Pieces. OH and the “frog” in Sweet Frog stands for “Fully Rely on God” … pretty clever.
4. Sunrise Walks – This week, my BF&N, Wendy and I have been meeting at 5:45AM (you read that right) to walk before we have to get ready for work. It’s been so peaceful to walk in the quite of the morning and to chat with my girl.
5. Sun & Swim — Okay so it’s not that warm out yet, but this morning I realized that my Victoria’s Secret swim catalog arrived in the mail. I heart swim suits. They are probably my most favorite thing to buy and I don’t know why. Ha a rhyme. I’m certainly not a VS model, but I just love swim suits. Confession I have at least 9 of them.
Want to link up and join the High Five For Friday fun? Grab a button and go!
It’s Wednesday, finally! I always look forward to Wednesdays…sharing my faves from Pinterest, and linking up with The Vintage Apple for “Oh, How Pinteresting!”
Something to Inspire … I can almost hear this little angel singing. The innocence and passion of this young child worshiping is inspiring.
Something to Drink … Happy National Margarita Day! Grapefruit Margarita, yes please.
Something to Wear … I’ve got to make this for the 4th of July.
Something of Beauty … Love the cut and color
Something to Decorate … More bathroom tile ideas. I bet you can bet the next remodel project. 🙂
Grab and button & link up with The Vintage Apple
“Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday”!
Laissez les bon temps rouler, friends! This is the Cajun French phrase for “Let the good times roll” and is a popular Louisiana expression, most often used around Mardi Gras. Happy Mardi Gras!
Yesterday, my friend Mandy & I ventured out to a local barn sale at Ekster Antiques & Uniques. The drive about 40 minutes west of where we live is just gorgeous, especially as you head beyond the hustle and bustle of the Northern Virginia, enter into the Loudoun County wine country. The barn sale is housed in three separate barns and is staged just beautifully with vintage, chic antiques and things. While I didn’t buy anything yesterday, I was certainly inspired, particularly with the farm tables (which I want my honey to build us one) and the fun details that add just a personal touch to any decor. Here are a few pieces that caught my eye …
I love the slate place mat! I think this is a great idea
for any event, but this really caught my eye for weddings.
Can’t you just see this in a lovely garden inspired wedding
with the guest’s names written along the side as place cards?
This farm table is gorgeous!
I love the quilted block pattern.
Check out the legs on this farm table, so pretty.
Here they’ve used the slate place mats again.
The chandelier…just so pretty.
I am pretty confident that everyone has a spot in or near their kitchen that’s the drop zone for mail, keys, receipts, cell phones, etc. Years ago Josh bought me this great desk organizer from Pottery Barn (mine is ivory). We’ve never really used it to its fullest, and for years only our pens have been organized in the little cubby.
Last week I was inspired by a blog post from My Green Pen on office inspiration organization ideas. I went home that evening and decided that it was time to take care of our drop zone once and for all. Determined not to spend a penny, I went to the back of the closet in our office (also an unorganized space) and found these adorable Vera Bradley file folders, and got to work, creating folders for:
- To be sorted
- To be paid
- To be filed
Here is the end result!
Now I as mail comes in it goes into one of these folders. As we prepare to pay bills, we take out the folder we need or when we’re ready to file paid bills, etc. we can simply just take the folder upstairs to the office. It’s been one week since I organized our drop zone and so far we’ve done a great job of filing away anything that comes in.
A big THANK YOU to Laura @ My Green Pen for the little kick I needed to de-clutter and get organized!
How do you keep your drop zone organized?