I’ve got a major sweet tooth and each night need just a little something to satisfy this craving. I don’t need a giant bowl of ice cream or an entire package of Oreos, just something small and sweet. Fruit, while it’s sweet just never hits the spot. I’ve tried to retrain my taste buds by giving up all sweets for an entire month. It didn’t do anything, I still crave the sweets. So for the sake of still trying to watch what I’m eating, I decided to make these teeny weeny ice cream sammies.
- 1 box of reduced fat Nilla Wafers
- 1 carton of ice cream
- 1 cookie dough scooper thingamajig
Preparation — Really, do I need to go into detail here …
- Open the box of Nilla Wafers
- Open carton of ice cream
- Remove one Nilla Wafer from the box
- Using cookie dough scooper thingamajig, scoop ice cream out of container and place on top of one Nilla Wafer
- Remove a second Nilla Wafer from the box and press down on top of ice cream to create a sammy
- Repeat steps 3-5 until you have enough sammies
- Eat sammies
- Place uneaten sammies in container in the freezer
You could really use any flavor fro-yo or even sorbet to make these sammies. Roll them in sprinkles, candy, nuts, etc. for a customized flavor. Enjoy!