ONE :: Enjoyed these incredibly beautiful strawberries this weekend. I love the taste of summer!
TWO :: Nutella buttercream frosting on a chocolate cake. First shot at making the frosting, pretty tasty. I’m officially addicted to Nutella.
THREE :: We’ve recently rearranged our living room and with that we had a big wall to fill. I filled the space with these incredible New Orleans prints that I already had and the wrought iron scroll piece above them. I found these wrought iron sconces to flank either side. It’s has the perfect NoLa feel!
Happy Friday, Lovelies! For Friday’s Lovelies List, I’m linking up for Five Question Friday at My Little Life blog.
This should be fun, so here goes …
- Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back? We shop for our produce at the Asian market. It is incredible how many fruits and vegetables you can get for so cheap.
- What are the top 3 things on your “bucket list”? I don’t really have a bucket list, but right off the top of my head how about these. Attend an LSU football game with my entire family, live in the Caribbean and have Redskin season tickets (preferably when they are a decent team…whenever that will happen).
- Would you rather give up AC or heat? AC for sure! I can open windows, turn on a fan and go to the pool to cool off. But if I’m living in the Caribbean (see bucket list question from above) then I likely won’t need AC anyhow.
- What’s your favorite cocktail?? Swirl Margarita from Rio Grande. One and you’re happy, two and you’re silly, three and you’re down for the count. So delicious!
- What was your first job & how old were you? If babysitting doesn’t count then I was probably 15 or 16 and I worked at Bob’s Store. I think I got the job as soon as I was legally able to work without a work permit.
Do you have answers to these five questions? If you’re a blogger, link up and answer them on your blog. If not, feel free to answer below in the comments, I’d love to hear your responses!
I hope you all have had a great week and have something fun planned for the weekend!
Until yesterday, this gal hadn’t had Nutella. Yep, you read that right. My honey loves the stuff and being the
cheap frugal person that I am, I’ve never bought it. That is until a couple of weeks ago I went to our new Walmart (also something I’ve never done, shopped for groceries at Walmart) and they had Nutella for $3 so I splurged!
Yesterday I brought Nutella and sliced apples to work for a mid-day snack. Holy moly people, that stuff is like crack. Lick your spoon and run your fingers round the jar kinda good. Which got me thinking, how else might I be able to incorporate this tasty hazelnut treat into other culinary delights. How about like this …
Peanut Butter Nutella Cupcakes
Nutella & Go! Yes, please!
Nutella Hot Chocolate
Nutella Ice Cream
Did you know that Nutella has its own day? Yep, February 5th is World Nutella Day! You can bet I won’t miss this holiday next year. Make it a great day!
Happy Wednesday, Lovelies! I’m linking up with The Vintage Apple for “Oh, How Pinteresting!” This week my pins are themed around the color coral and my future powder room makeover.
Grab and button & link up with The Vintage Apple
“Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday”!
One of the perks of living in the Washington, DC metro area is that we really are blessed with some pretty cool sights. Today was one for the record books though. The space shuttle Discovery is retiring to the Smithsonian’s Udvar Hazey Air & Space Museum in Northern Virginia. The shuttle arrived in our nation’s capital in style this morning, atop a Beoing 747! That’s right people, a space shuttle on top of an airplane!
I was lucky enough to be on the road when the shuttle made its descent into Dulles International Airport and snapped this picture and video just before landing. Incredibly isn’t it?!
From the top of the parking garage at my office, a coworker took this picture.
Do you live in the DC metro area? Where did you spot the shuttle today?
ONE :: Macy visited the vet this weekend because she decided to pull out her staples from her injury (neighbor dog bit her) earlier in the week.
TWO :: Celebratory birthday dinner at The Cajun Experience with wine from Breaux Vineyards.
THREE :: Birthday beignets, regular and chocolate filled. Yum!
FOUR :: That’s right, you can now call me “Garden Barbie”. I purchased and planted those flowers and spread three bags of mulch.
FIVE :: Incredible 80+ degree weather on Sunday allowed us to get out on the motorcycle for the afternoon.
SIX :: Adorable chick-a-dees for sale at the local hardware store in Middleburg, VA.
Happy Friday the 13th and a VERY Happy Birthday to my INCREDIBLE honey and LOVELY sister! How great is it that on the same day I get to celebrate two of the most important people in my life?! Thanks be to God! Here are a few things that I love about each of them and why they are so important to me.
My sister, Suzanne is …
1. The most amazing mother to my two adorable nieces and nephew!
2. An incredible sister and daughter! She always has time for me and offers some pretty great, sisterly advice.
3.Married to a great man! They compliment each other so well, build each other up and love each other with all their hearts. My sister’s devotion to her family and husband are something to be admired.
My honey is …
1. A faithful and unending in his love! As commanded in Ephesians 5:25, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.”
2. My best friend, whom I trust more than all others to keep my secrets, wipe my tears of joy and sorrow and he provides me with the security, safety and warmth in his arms.
3. The most giving, patient and self-less person that I know. I am forever changed having him in my life. He makes me want to be a better person.
Happy Birthday you crazy
old people kids! I love you both as big as the world!