I can’t walk into a Target without browsing the clothes section, and recently I stumbled upon the new Webster collection and have fallen in love. The looks are so classic and the colors are adorable melons, greens and navy blues for a chic summer look. Here are a few of the looks that I’m loving for work and play.
This is my first piece from the Webster Collection. The fabric is very forgiving and so soft. I can dress it up with wedges for work or dress down for an afternoon of shopping with some cute sandels. Thanks Target for adding affordable, adorable styles to my summer wardrobe.
Happy Wednesday, Lovelies! I’m linking up with The Vintage Apple for “Oh, How Pinteresting!” I always look forward to Wednesdays…sharing my faves from Pinterest. As we begin to make purchases towards our master bathroom renovation, I’m inspired by these sliding barn doors.
Grab and button & link up with The Vintage Apple
“Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday”!
ONE :: J worked on finishing the addition of pavers to extend our driveway. Macy loves to help out by following him around and dropping her ball for him to throw. She’s pretty persistent. If he doesn’t throw the ball she goes inside and brings out another toy. At one point she had three toys out on the driveway. Love them! Love the driveway renovation and love my honey for all his hard work!
TWO :: Some of the fixin’s for our BBQ with our BF&N (best friends and neighbors) to kick off Memorial Day and summer!
THREE :: We rode in the Ride of the Patriots from Patriot Harley in Fairfax down to Washington, DC. People stand on the side of the road and on the overpasses to greet the motorcycles, waving flags, signs and cheering us on. This year one stretch of road was lined with friends and family members holding signs & pictures of loved one in the military. A tearful ride of honor for those who serve and fight for our freedom.
FOUR :: Rolling Thunder 2012! As riders enter Washington, DC a Marine stands at attention saluting boots, helmet and riffle, signifying the fallen, POW and MIA. Moving beyond words. Thank you to all those who serve.
FIVE :: J & Macy sittin’ on the front step enjoying the warm evening. I love these two!
Happy Friday, Lovelies! I’m linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday. Here are my top five faves from this week.
ONE :: I can’t get enough of this one…my new dresser, soon to be bathroom vanity. I know about I posted about this earlier in the week, but it truly is the highlight of my week!
TWO :: Banana Cupcake Crowns with Honey Cinnamon Buttercream. I can’t stop eating them. YUM!
THREE :: We are almost done with the Beth Moore study of the Book of James. This week during one of the lessons, I was convicted when I read something Beth said and in summary it was that God can’t be pushed, shoved, moved, tugged or coaxed to move on my terms. He has a plan for me that is infinitely greater than I could imagine. I needed to hear that this week.
FOUR :: I FINALLY finished my maxi dress, which means a blog post is in the works. Here’s a sample pic of the fabric.
FIVE :: The day before any holiday, my office closes early! Happy early Memorial Day weekend to me!
Want to link up with Lauren for High Five for Fridays? Grab a button and go!
A classic style that I love are sheer black gowns with nude linings. I love the chic look of the nude paired with a traditional black lace or sheer overlay. When done right, this style can be very sexy and timeless. Here are a few black and nude looks that I’m loving this season.
If I were a celebrity and had an awards show or film festival to go to, I’d select this gorgeous Vera Wang:
ONE :: On Friday I went to a little reunion with friends and former co-workers. It was so wonderful to catch up with everyone and reminisce. What a fun group!
TWO :: Saturday, we headed out to the Lucketts Spring Market, a great event with antique and restored antique dealers. I saw this fleur de lis dresser and just had to have a pic of it!
THREE :: Bought these cute birdies for my master bedroom.
FOUR :: Mom & I trying on some geaux girlie glasses in purple and geauxld. GEAUX Tigers!
And now for the my most exciting part of the weekend…
what I’ve been dying to post about since Saturday…
I just can’t stand it I’m so freaking excited…
I don’t know what y’all are thinking, but we aren’t preggers…
FIVE :: Bought this AMAZING dresser that my super handy, incredible and amazing hubby is going to turn into our new master bathroom vanity. Stay tuned for post(s) about this project. It’s hard to tell in the picture but the color is this gorgeous, soft gray color. I am antsy with excitement over how fantastic this custom vanity is going to look!
Yesterday I told y’all all about my newest skincare tool, the Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System. Today I want to share with you my skincare routine. I’d classify my skin type as normal to oily. I get oily in my t-zone during the spring/summer and drier in the fall/winter months, and use different seasonal products to help minimize the oil and dry skin. As promised, here is my daily skincare routine, that works for me.
- Step One :: 3x a week I use Clinique’s Seven Day Scrub on my face to exfoliate. I like that this product is gentle enough to use daily (hence the name Seven Day Scrub) and doesn’t cause me to have a red, irritated face. I use this product year-round and only in the mornings.
- Step Two :: I use a small amount of Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap. I use the oily skin formula in the spring/summer and the dry combination skin formula in the fall/winter. I gently rub a small amount of the liquid face soap onto my face and neck. Then using my Olay Pro-X advanced cleansing brush, I gently, in a circular motion wash my face. I’m careful to steer clear of my eyes since the skin around your eyes is the most sensitive. I usually do 2-3 laps around my face with the brush and then rinse. I do this in the morning and at night.
- Step Three :: After gently patting dry my face, I swipe a cotton ball of Clinique’s Clarifying Lotion all over my face and neck. In the spring/summer I use the Clarifying Lotion 3 since my skin tends to be oilier during these months. During the fall/winter I use the Clarifying Lotion 2 because my skin can feel dry and tight. I do this morning and at night.
- Step Four :: After the Clarifying Lotion has dried, I apply Murad Acne Spot Treatment to any blemishes that I may have. This product is a life saver, and once applied my blemishes begin to clear up and dry up within a day. I do this morning and night if necessary.
- Step Five :: I gently apply Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel all over my face and neck. I use this product year-round because I like the way the gel feels as opposed to the lotion. The gel helps to reduce the oiliness. I use this morning and night.
- Step Six :: This I don’t do every day, usually only when I’m tired. Actually I am not convinced that the product is actually doing anything, but it’s cooling, feels nice and I hope that the product is “de-puffing” as its name describes. Anyhow, I gently apply under my eyes, Clinique’s All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage. I use this in the morning if necessary.
- Step Seven :: Before I apply my make-up I use Clinique’s City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25. My bareEscentuals has SPF 15 in it, but something about sunscreen in mineral make-up doesn’t seem like enough coverage for me. So I double up with this product and I use it year-round. I use this in the morning only.
Again, this is a routine that over the years has worked for me. I’ve tried other products, but Clinique seems to work the best. Now let’s be real, I still get blemishes and sometimes feel like a tween again, but for the most part I’ve been blessed with pretty good skin all my life. As I head into my mid-30’s though I do want to start considering some anti-aging creams to help keep my skin healthy for years to come. Any recommendations?
*All pictures courtesy of www.clinique.com.