So people have a bucket list right? You know things that are on their list to do before they die. I have a list of things I’ve never done and frankly some of these things I have zero desire to move off the list…and I’m okay with that. So here they are. Be prepared to be shocked, embarrassed for me or think I’m completely crazy. I’ve never …
- Learned to dive. Yup, I never learned how to gracefully get into the pool, other than walking in or sitting on the edge and sliding into the water. Would I like to learn how to dive? Yes, but where do I begin? At the pool, duh. Only went once this summer and slid into the pool HA!
- Learned how to do a cartwheel. Something most kids learn, along with diving. See above. I was overweight as a child and probably too afraid that I couldn’t hold my own weight. I say that jokingly, but maybe it’s true. Do I want to learn how to flip sideways with my 36″ of legs at this point in my life? Naw, I’m good and will leave that to the petite gymnasts of the world.
- Learned how to swing on the monkey bars. Goodness, this list is getting to be embarassing and you’re probably wondering what in the world did this girl do as a child. I ate…kidding again. I played and did kid stuff, probably hung out on the blacktop playing hopscotch or something. Do I want to learn how to swing on the monkey bars. Nope, again, 36″ of legs. Who needs to swing on the monkey bars when you can walk under them and hold on at the same time.
- Seen a single episode of the Simpsons. GASP! I have zero interest in adult cartoons. Do I want to watch an episode of the Simpsons, nope. I’m perfectly content getting my TV fix and fulfilling my guilty pleasure with the Real Housewives and other “reality” shows.
- Mowed the lawn. This chick isn’t a Garden Barbie. Do I want to mow the lawn? Honestly, no. The reality, is I have a tiny little stamp of a lawn so I’ll leave that to J to take care of. If I ever have a home with a larger lawn, I’ll borrow the riding lawn mower from my in-laws, cause that’s how I mow.
- Been in credit card debt. GASP! So un-American, I know! I learned very early to make my money work for me and I’m super proud of that. Saving and pay cash only for things is like a game to me and I always WIN! How do I do it? Well, I read Dave Ramsey’s The Total Money Makeover and it completely changed how I think about my money. Do I want to go into credit card debit? Absolutely not, duh!
- Seen any of the Rocky or Godfather movies. I’m actually surprised by the fact that I’ve never seen any of the Rocky movies because I love boxing. Do I want to see any of these movies? I’m not opposed to watching them, but I have no yearning desire to watch them either.
- Been skydiving. Would I change this? Sure. Maybe. I’m so incredibly afraid of the idea of skydiving, but I think it would be good for me and my overall fear of many things.
How about you, what’s on your list of some things you’ve never … ?