You read that right, I hate clothes shopping (and no, Mom you can’t disagree with this statement). I don’t know what it is about shopping that I’m starting to loath. Lately (or probably for longer than I’d like to admit), I just don’t like shopping because …
- I’m not happy with my body – I’m not overweight, but I’m not in shape. I carry my weight well, but I don’t workout at all and therefore, as I like to describe it…I’ve got things strategically placed so that I look “thin”.
- I’m a frugal monster – Or call it cheap. I just don’t want to spend the money. Or better yet, when I am ready to spend money on clothes, it never fails, I can’t find a darn thing.
- I’m style blind – Since I got married and bought a house, it seems as if all fashion sense that my pre-married self had has gone out the window. Unless the items are on the same rounders at the store together, I can’t manage to put an outfit together to save my life.
- Too tall – I’m almost 6 ft tall and finding clothes in-store is discouraging. What some stores consider “tall” or “long” aren’t long enough for me. And most stores, if I’m lucky and they carry clothes for tall women, they only carry pants, not tops. It’s as if they think we have these freakishly long legs, but regular arm and torso lengths. There’s always the option to shop online, but the hassle of wondering if it’ll fit, be too big, bla bla bla is too much for me.
- Dressing room lights and mirrors – No explanation needed.
I love the idea of clothes, shoes, accessories, etc. But when it comes down to actually having to go out and buy these things, I hate the process. What’s a girl to do about this? I need clothes for work and play. Can’t the magic shopping fairy show up at my door with new clothes, preferably already paid for by the Bank of Magic Shopping Fairy so that I don’t have to deal with this anymore? A girl can wish.
Anyone else out there in the land of females feel the same about shopping? Any recovery tips for getting over this love-hate relationship I have with clothes shopping?