True story…everyone loves crack. You see, my friend, Gina first introduced me to crack and now I’m addicted. And you will be too once you make this. So that you don’t go into any type of withdrawal, I won’t drag this post out, I’ll just give you the fix you need.
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 bag Chocolate Chips
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Approx. 1.5 sleeves of Saltine Crackers
- Aluminum foil
- 11×17 sheet pan w/lip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line lower oven rack with aluminum foil to catch an caramel boil-over.
- Cover the entire 11×17 pan with saltine crackers.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring the caramel to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add salt and vanilla.
- Quickly pour the caramel over the saltine crackers and spread out so that it covers all of the crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove caramel covered crackers from the oven.
- Pour chocolate chips over the crackers and spread until all of the crackers are covered in melted chocolate.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes so that the chocolate hardens. Remove from the refrigerator and break the crack into pieces, like you would for peanut brittle or peppermint bark.
- Package up to give as gifts, or serve in pretty bowls at your next party. Yum!
There you have it, crack. Everybody loves crack, I promise.