With just a few short hours before we ring in yet another year, I guess it’s time for the obligatory year in review post. If I’m being honest, I’m ready for a new year, with new joys; 2012 has been tough to say the least. But out of the pain, sorrow and hard times I’ve been able to see the blessing from the Lord. Through this year I’ve learned that I need to spend more time on my knees in prayer and less time talking, trying to control and solve the problems. Give it to God.
A few highlights from 2012:
- My beloved LSU Tigers went to the BCS National Championship game
- Visited our good friends and their adorable baby in Houston
- Surprise visit for a weekend getaway to Disney World with my awesome sister and her family
- Started our master bathroom remodel
- Great week at the beach for the annual family J.A.M. Fest
- Bought a new car
- Got braces
- Started a quarter-time job working at Chick-fil-A as part of their Marketing team
- Worked some pretty incredible weddings and events
- Got a pretty cool new sewing machine
- Celebrated my 100th blog post
- Made my first two maxi dresses
- My team the Washington Redskins finally are NFC East Champs after being the division doormat for over a decade
Have a safe and happy evening! Cheers to 2012 and the new blessings to come in 2013. See y’all next year!